11th Edition, Revised
By PHIL ARKOW
(2015: 190 pages.) ISBN: 978-0-615-46239-4
Extensively updated in 2015, this comprehensive resource guide to the human-animal bond and its therapeutic applications is used internationally and in several college courses. It describes clinical and institutional animal-assisted therapies and activities in rehabilitative, residential, and physical and mental health programs with children, seniors, veterans, prison inmates, the disabled, and a wide range of special populations. This classic textbook is a must for anyone doing research, considering working in this field, or developing a program!
Topics covered in this 190-page textbook include:
- How to become an AAT/AAA practitioner
- How to organize an AAT/AAA program
- Techniques for conducting effective interventions
- Environmental health and risk management issues
- Pets in long-term healthcare, hospitals, hospices, residential treatment
- Pets in PT, OT, speech therapy
- AAT in psychotherapy
- Prison and “cell dog” programs
- Service dogs and PTSD dogs for military veterans
- Reading interventions using animals
- Research and strategies for using AAT/AAA with Alzheimer’s, HIV/AIDS, autism, substance abuse programs
- Pets in obesity control and physical fitness programs
- Infectious disease control guidelines
- State regulations
- Directories of worldwide academic and programmatic centers
- and much, much more!
HOW TO ORDER
The book is $40.00 US, including postage. You may order online using your PayPal account, or simply mail a check.
Send a check for $40.00 to the address below (payable in U.S. funds. International orders are encouraged to purchase online, or via an International Money Order or U.S. overseas bank account in U.S. dollars).
37 Hillside Road
Stratford, NJ 08084 USA
(856) 627-5118 · firstname.lastname@example.org
The book will be mailed back to you promptly.
Questions? Contact Phil Arkow